VINCENZO GALDI (1871-1961)
He was born in Naples in 1871. He started as a model and pupil of photographer Wilhelm von Plüschow while he worked in Naples, then he moved to Rome with him, and eventually he ran a studio of his own in Roma between 1900 circa and 1907, taking photos of naked people (especially women). He was probably one of Plüschow's lovers.
After the 1907 scandal and trial that put an end to Plüschow's career, which involved Galdi as well, he abandoned photography. He inaugurated an art gallery in Rome, in Via del Babuino, the "Galleria Galdi", still operating in the 1950s. Rumors about Galdi's death during WW2, circulating in the past, are therefore groundless.
- Albers, Bernhard (editor), Galdi / Gloeden / Plüschow. Aktaufnahmen aus der Sammlung Uwe Scheid, Rimbaud Presse, Aachen 1993.
- Et in Arcadia ego. Fotografien von Wilhelm von Gloeden, Guglielmo Plüschow und Vincenzo Galdi, Edition Oehrli, Zurich 2000.
- Janssen, Volker (editor), Wilhelm von Gloeden, Wilhelm von Plüschow, Vincenzo Galdi. Italienische Jünglings-Photographien um 1900, Janssen Verlag, Berlin 1991.
- Poésies Arcadiennes. Von Gloeden. Vincenzo Galdi. Von Plüschow. Photographies fin XIXe, Galerie au bonheur du jour, Paris 2003.
- Puig, Herman (editor), Von Gloeden et le XIXe siècle, Puig, Paris 1977.
- Puig, Herman (editor), Les jardins interdits - Puig, Paris, s.d. ma ca. 1985.